Last updated: 7.10.2020
Register holder: FundYou Oy
Company number: 2748895-8
Address: FundYou Oy, Epicenter Mikonkatu 9, 00100 Helsinki
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES FUNDYOU COLLECT?
The personal information we may collect about you through the services falls into the following general categories:
1.1. Information that you provide us
Certain parts of our services may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily. For example, we may ask for certain information in order to register an account with us which enables you to set up a project or fund one. The information may include:
- your name, email address, phone number, place of residence, company name, or other contact or identification details.
- any information you submit to our customer service team via email or via our service.
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be explained to you when we ask you to provide your personal information.
1.2 Information we collect automatically
When you use our Services, we may also collect certain information automatically from you and/or your device which may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws, such as:
- Your Service communications.
- Data and analytics about your use of our platform.
- Your IP address and device identifiers.
- Your device type and the operating system that you use.
- General geographic location (e.g. country or city location) based on your IP address.
1.3 Information we may obtain from third party sources
Information from our data partners. You may choose to connect to our Services via your Facebook or Gmail account. The exact information we receive from you will depend on your Facebook or Gmail privacy settings, but it will typically include your basic public profile information, such as:
- your name
- profile picture
- your email address or other contact details, that you have shared with Google or Facebook.
Other data partners. We may receive personal information about you from third-party sources mentioned below. See their privacy policies:
2. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
2.1 To provide and operate our services:
- To create user accounts/profiles to enable you to either start a crowdfunding campaign or fund a crowdfunding campaign.
- To provide you with the most recent information of our service.
- To enable you to communicate with other users and campaign owners
- To send you service-related communications including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support/administrative messages.
- To fulfil our legal obligations as a crowdfunding platform. See more information on our Terms of Service.
2.2 To improve our services and keep them secure:
- To respond to your customer support requests.
- To receive error messages about any issues you/your device encounters with our Services to enable us to fix bugs.
- To detect and prevent illegal activities.
- To conduct optional user feedback surveys
- To understand you, your preferences and user traffic to enhance your experience and enjoyment using FundYou.
- To conduct research to develop our service and platform.
- To serve you with relevant targeted advertisements or information (necessary for us to continue offering our services)
- To send you marketing communications and/or newsletters.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
- To exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- To prevent and/or detect fraud or fraudulent behaviour.
When you view FundYou ads on third-party services.
FundYou may or may not use your email address for marketing purposes, such as e-letters and/or digital advertising on our data partner platforms. You have the right to decline by unsubscribing from our newsletters and by contacting us via email at email@example.com , in case you do not want to receive any marketing content from FundYou.
4. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TRACKING TECHNOLOGY IN WEBSITES
5. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only when a) we need the personal information to perform a contract with you and offer our service in your use b) the processing is in our legitimate interests and not superseded by your rights, or c) we have your consent to do so.
- To provide and make our services available for you, We have a legal basis for Under our terms of service, “performance of contract” as a legal basis for processing your information refers to when we make the services available to you, provide customer support, integrate and offer the necessary technology, to offer you relevant information on our services and to inform you of service-related changes or bugs.
- We process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests: to serve interest based advertisements to you, carry out marketing, keep our service secure and functioning, for engineering purposes, analyzing the users’ behavior on our platform and providing a safe, fraud-free contribution environment for both Campaigners and Contributors.
- We have a legal obligation to process your personal data when complying with a legal obligation, such as preventing a crime or fraud or maintaining tax records or to ensure that our campaigners have all the necessary information to fulfil their legal obligations as crowdfunding campaign owners.
- If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
- If you have questions about, or require, further information concerning the legal basis for collecting and using your personal information, please contact us using the contact information provided in the “How To Contact Us” section below.
6. WHO DOES FUNDYOU SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH?
We may share your personal information with the following types of recipients:
- With service providers and partners who provide data processing services to us or parties that otherwise process personal information for the purposes described in this privacy notice or communicated to you when we collect your personal information. This list of service providers and data partners may change at any time and it is listed fully in section 1.3.
- With any competent law enforcement body, regulatory authority, government agency, court of law or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary as a matter of applicable law or regulation, to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- With a potential or actual contributor (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed or actual contribution, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the contributor it must use your personal information solely for the purposes disclosed in this privacy notice.
7. HOW DOES FUNDYOU KEEP MY PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures designed to protect the personal information that we collect about you and process. The measures we adopt are designed to provide a level of security appropriate for the degree of risk involved with processing your personal information. Specific measures include encrypting your personal information in transit and at rest.
8. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country of which you are a resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country.
Servers, third-party service providers and data partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries also outside the EU. However, we ensure appropriate safeguards are in place so that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this privacy notice. This includes complying with the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information in our company and with our third-party service providers and partners, which are all listed in this Privacy Notice in section 1.3.
9. DATA RETENTION
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so. For example, to provide you with a Service you have requested, or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements. For example, we periodically de-identify unused FundYou accounts and regularly review and de-identify unnecessary information.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or de-identify it, or, if this is not possible – for example, because your personal information has been stored on a backup server – then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
10. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You have the following data protection rights:
- To access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information. You may do so in your account settings or by contacting us using the information in the “How To Contact Us” section below.
- To object to the processing of your personal information (which is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests), ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- To opt out of marketing communications we send you, at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing communications we send you or by contacting us using the information in the “How To Contact Us” section below.
- If we are processing your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted pursuant to lawful processing grounds other than consent. You may do so by contacting us using the details at “How To Contact Us” heading below.
- You have the right to file a complaint with a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We will respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
11. UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. Please make sure you check this privacy statement regularly, when you use FundYou’s services.
12. HOW TO CONTACT US
You can exercise your right to access personal information, request the deletion of personal information or opt out of personalized offers by sending us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that other third parties (our data partners) may be data controllers of your information. More information regarding the third parties we work with can be found in this Privacy Notice in the section 6.“Who Does FundYou Share My Personal Information With?”.